Register Today! Professional Development Courses
and Certificate Programs
Professional development courses and certificate programs from Extended Studies offer hands-on training from industry experts and University faculty to develop your skills in a wide range of topics for immediate, real-world application — to improve your business, your career and your life.
Noncredit professional development certificate programs and individual courses may be taken independently and require no formal admission to the University.
Courses marked with an asterisk have been approved for six or more recertification credit hours toward Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification and recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
Click on any of the links below for more information or to register now.
- Managing with MS Project
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 3
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 1
- Performance-Based Surveillance Operations
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 2
- Advanced Management of Slot Operations
- ONLINE! Beginning Photoshop
Aug. 25-Sept. 21
- Business Writing for Results
- Social Media Essentials: Building Effective Campaigns begins (3 sessions)
- Paralegal Studies Certificate begins (16 sessions)
- Business Analytics for the Gaming Industry
- PHR/SPHR Study Program begins (11 sessions)
- The Human Factor of Project Management*
- NEW! Improving Your Workplace Cultural IQ
- NEW! Microsoft Windows 7 Essentials
- ONLINE! Advanced Photoshop
Sept. 22-Oct. 19
- Employee Relations*
- Microsoft Excel Essentials
- Performance Management*
- Applying Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace*
- Introduction to Computer Programming I: Basics begins (6 sessions)
- Microsoft Word Essentials
- Project Management Essentials* begins (6 sessions)
- NEW and ONLINE! Project Manag ement Certificate Program
Sept. 29-Nov. 16
For additional Professional Development courses, click here.
Two Locations to Serve You!
The Redfield Campus in South Reno
Find Extended Studies offices and most professional development programs at Redfield Campus, Nell J. Redfield Building A, in south Reno along Mt. Rose Highway at 18600 Wedge Parkway. Please note: In-person registration and/or deposits for noncredit professional development courses and youth camps are now accepted only at Redfield Campus.
The Continuing Education Building on the University of Nevada, Reno Main Campus
Select professional development courses are held in the Continuing Education Building at 1041 N. Virginia St. on the University’s main campus. The offices for 365 Learning programs including Summer Session, Wintermester and Online Learning are on the second floor of the Continuing Education Building.
Certificates of Completion
Individual certificates are awarded at the conclusion of each course, or at the successful completion of the specific requirements for each professional development program of study. Full attendance is required.