Register Today! Professional Development Courses
and Certificate Programs
Professional development courses and certificate programs from Extended Studies offer hands-on training from industry experts and University faculty to develop your skills in a wide range of topics for immediate, real-world application — to improve your business, your career and your life.
Noncredit professional development certificate programs and individual courses may be taken independently and require no formal admission to the University.
Courses marked with an asterisk have been approved for six or more recertification credit hours toward Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification and recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
Click on any of the links below for more information or to register now.
- ONLINE! After Effects
April 21-May 19
- ONLINE! InDesign
April 21-May 19
- Digital Analytics: Measuring Your Online Efforts
- Planning and Implementing Employee Events and Recognition Programs*
- Compensation and Benefits*
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Project Management: Beyond the Basics begins (6 sessions)
- Public Sector Human Resources*
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 1
- Advanced Topics: Growing Your Brand Through Social Media
- Title 31 Currency Transaction Reporting: Implementation and Compliance (Las Vegas)
- Managing Cage Operations (Las Vegas)
- Strategies for Understanding Financial Statements*
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 2
- Working with the Problem Employee*
- Social Media Essentials: Building Effective Campaigns
- Talking till You’re Blue? How to Handle Difficult Conversations*
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 3
- Employee Relations*
- ONLINE! Beginning Photoshop
May 19-June 16
- Effective Discipline and Documentation*
- ONLINE! Gaming Revenue Management
May 24-June 20
For additional Professional Development courses, click here.
Two Locations to Serve You!
The Redfield Campus in South Reno
Find Extended Studies offices and most professional development programs at Redfield Campus, Nell J. Redfield Building A, in south Reno along Mt. Rose Highway at 18600 Wedge Parkway. Please note: In-person registration and/or deposits for noncredit professional development courses and youth camps are now accepted only at Redfield Campus.
The Continuing Education Building on the University of Nevada, Reno Main Campus
Select professional development courses are held in the Continuing Education Building at 1041 N. Virginia St. on the University’s main campus. The offices for 365 Learning programs including Summer Session, Wintermester and Online Learning are on the second floor of the Continuing Education Building.
Certificates of Completion
Individual certificates are awarded at the conclusion of each course, or at the successful completion of the specific requirements for each professional development program of study. Full attendance is required.