Register Today! Professional Development Courses
and Certificate Programs
Professional development courses and certificate programs from Extended Studies offer hands-on training from industry experts and University faculty to develop your skills in a wide range of topics for immediate, real-world application — to improve your business, your career and your life.
Noncredit professional development certificate programs and individual courses may be taken independently and require no formal admission to the University.
Courses marked with an asterisk have been approved for six or more recertification credit hours toward Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification and recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
Click on any of the links below for more information or to register now.
- Microsoft Word Advanced
- Talking till You’re Blue? How to Handle Difficult Conversations*
- Strategies for Understanding Financial Statements*
- Microsoft Access Intermediate begins (2 sessions)
- Project Management: Beyond the Basics begins (6 sessions)
- Compensation and Benefits*
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 1
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 2
- Effective Discipline and Documentation*
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 3
- Managing and Supervising People*
- Caregiving Essentials Certificate begins (12 sessions)
- Employee Relations*
- Remaining Sane While Leading Change*
- Paralegal Studies Certificate begins (16 sessions)
- The Human Factor of Project Management*
- NEW! QuickBooks for New Users Online begins (14 sessions)
- PHR/SPHR Study Program begins (11 sessions)
- NEW! Beginning Photoshop Online
Feb. 4-March 4
- Spanish in the Workplace begins (8 sessions)
- New and Social Media Marketing begins (3 sessions)
- Workplace Violence: Don’t Be Blindsided*
- Effective Communication Skills in the Workplace*
- NEW! Illustrator Online
Feb. 18-March 18
- Energy Management Certificate begins (10 sessions)
- Creating WordPress Blogs
- Human Resources Training and Development*
- Protecting Your Company’s Future through Succession Planning*
For additional Professional Development courses, click here.
Online certificates from Extended Studies provide the skills necessary to
acquire marketable career enhancements when you want, where you want. Answer the demands of an increasingly competitive work environment today — earn your certificate in as many as six months, or in our three-month, fast-track format and be well on your way!
Online Certificate Programs Available:
View a complete list of noncredit professional development courses and certificates offered online here. Online certificate programs may be taken independently and require no formal admission to the University. For more information, email: email@example.com
Two Locations to Serve You!
- The Continuing Education Building on the University of Nevada, Reno Main Campus
Many of our professional development courses are held in the Continuing Education Building (CEB) at 1041 N. Virginia St. on the University of Nevada, Reno main campus. The Extended Studies office is located on the second floor of CEB.
- The Redfield Campus in South Reno
Located in south Reno along Mt. Rose Highway at 18600 Wedge Parkway, Redfield Campus caters to the needs of the community and local business, hosting professional development courses, certificate programs and training at a convenient location.
Certificates of Completion
Individual certificates are awarded at the conclusion of each course, or at the successful completion of the specific requirements for each professional development program of study. Full attendance is required.