Register Today! Professional Development Courses
and Certificate Programs
Professional development courses and certificate programs from Extended Studies offer hands-on training from industry experts and University faculty to develop your skills in a wide range of topics for immediate, real-world application — to improve your business, your career and your life.
Noncredit professional development certificate programs and individual courses may be taken independently and require no formal admission to the University.
Courses marked with an asterisk have been approved for six or more recertification credit hours toward Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification and recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
Click on any of the links below for more information or to register now.
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Management of Slot Operations
- Understanding the Collective Bargaining Process*
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Performance-Based Surveillance Operations
- Managing with MS Project
- ONLINE! Beginning Photoshop Online
Aug. 26-Sept. 23
- Paralegal Studies Certificate begins (16 sessions)
- ONLINE! Gaming Operations Executive Overview
Sept. 8-Oct. 6
- The Human Factor of Project Management*
- ONLINE! Lightroom Online
Sept. 9-Oct. 7
- ONLINE! QuickBooks for New Users
Sept. 9-Dec. 16
- Social Media Essentials: Building Effective Campaigns begins (3 sessions)
- Microsoft Excel Essentials
- Advanced Management of Slot Operations
- PHR/SPHR Study Program begins (11 sessions)
- NEW! Introduction to Computer Programming begins (6 sessions)
- Employee Relations*
- Microsoft Word Essentials
- Performance Management*
- ENHANCED and ONLINE! Professional Sales Certificate: Creating a Savvy Sales Strategy
Sept. 23-Nov. 4
- ONLINE! Advanced Photoshop Online
Sept. 23-Oct. 21
- Writing Effective Email Campaigns: From Content to Click-Through
Sept. 30-Oct. 1
For additional Professional Development courses, click here.
Two Locations to Serve You!
- The Continuing Education Building on the University of Nevada, Reno Main Campus
Many of our professional development courses are held in the Continuing Education Building (CEB) at 1041 N. Virginia St. on the University of Nevada, Reno main campus. The Extended Studies office is located on the second floor of CEB.
- The Redfield Campus in South Reno
Located in south Reno along Mt. Rose Highway at 18600 Wedge Parkway, Redfield Campus caters to the needs of the community and local business, hosting professional development courses, certificate programs and training at a convenient location.
Certificates of Completion
Individual certificates are awarded at the conclusion of each course, or at the successful completion of the specific requirements for each professional development program of study. Full attendance is required.