Register Today! Professional Development Courses
and Certificate Programs
Professional development courses and certificate programs from Extended Studies offer hands-on training from industry experts and University faculty to develop your skills in a wide range of topics for immediate, real-world application — to improve your business, your career and your life.
Noncredit professional development certificate programs and individual courses may be taken independently and require no formal admission to the University.
Courses marked with an asterisk have been approved for six or more recertification credit hours toward Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification and recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
Click on any of the links below for more information or to register now.
- Employee Orientations: From Design to Implementation*
- Microsoft Access® Intermediate begins (2 sessions)
- Remaining Sane While Leading Change*
- Microsoft Excel® Basics
- Business Writing for Results
- Microsoft Excel® Intermediate
- Working with the Problem Employee*
- Gaming Revenue Management Online
- Managing and Supervising People*
- Beginning Dreamweaver begins (6 sessions)
- Effective Discipline and Documentation*
- HR Leadership: Becoming a Business Partner* begins (2 sessions)
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Problem Solving: Creating Solutions*
- Introduction to Governmental Accounting*
- Microsoft Excel Basics
- NEW! Facilitating the Perfect Meeting*
- Microsoft Word Basics
- Management of Slot Operations
- Conducting an Effective Workplace Investigation*
- Nevada Clerks Academy
July 29-Aug. 1
- Performance-Based Surveillance Operations
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Getting More from Your Compensation and Benefits Programs*
- Microsoft Word Intermediate
- Developing a Total Rewards Package: Compensation and Benefits*
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
For additional Professional Development courses, click here.
Online certificates from Extended Studies provide the skills necessary to
acquire marketable career enhancements when you want, where you want. Answer the demands of an increasingly competitive work environment today — earn your certificate in as many as six months, or in our three-month, fast-track format and be well on your way!
Online Certificate Programs Available:
Online certificate programs may be taken independently and require no formal admission to the University. For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Two Locations to Serve You!
- The Continuing Education Building on the University of Nevada, Reno Main Campus
Many of our professional development courses are held in the Continuing Education Building (CEB) at 1041 N. Virginia St. on the University of Nevada, Reno main campus. The Extended Studies office is located on the second floor of CEB.
- The Redfield Campus in South Reno
Located in south Reno along Mt. Rose Highway at 18600 Wedge Parkway, Redfield Campus caters to the needs of the community and local business, hosting professional development courses, certificate programs and training at a convenient location.
Certificates of Completion
Individual certificates are awarded at the conclusion of each course, or at the successful completion of the specific requirements for each professional development program of study. Full attendance is required.