Register Today! Professional Development Courses
and Certificate Programs
Professional development courses and certificate programs from Extended Studies offer hands-on training from industry experts and University faculty to develop your skills in a wide range of topics for immediate, real-world application — to improve your business, your career and your life.
Noncredit professional development certificate programs and individual courses may be taken independently and require no formal admission to the University.
Courses marked with an asterisk have been approved for six or more recertification credit hours toward Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification and recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
Click on any of the links below for more information or to register now.
- Employee Relations*
- Workplace Violence: Don’t Be Blindsided*
- ONLINE! Beginning Photoshop
Jan. 27-Feb. 24
- Safety Issues for HR: Recording and Reporting*
- PHR/SPHR Study Program begins (11 sessions)
- The Human Factor of Project Management*
- Social Media Essentials begins (3 sessions)
- Delegating Efficiently and Effectively*
- Paralegal Studies Certificate Program begins (16 sessions)
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 1
- Employment, Placement and Practices*
- ONLINE! Lightroom
Feb. 10-March 10
- Social Media and HR: Developing an Action Plan to Minimize Risk*
- Advanced Composite Manufacturing 2
- Effective Communication Skills in the Workplace*
- ONLINE! Advanced Photoshop
Feb. 24-March 24
- Developing and Implementing an Email Marketing Strategy
- NEW and ONLINE! Project Management Certificate Program
Feb. 24-April 13
- Microsoft Excel Essentials
- Critical Skills for Supervisors: Managing Today’s Workforce*
For additional Professional Development courses, click here.
Two Locations to Serve You!
The Redfield Campus in South Reno
Find Extended Studies offices and most professional development programs at Redfield Campus, Nell J. Redfield Building A, in south Reno along Mt. Rose Highway at 18600 Wedge Parkway. Please note: In-person registration and/or deposits for noncredit professional development courses and youth camps are now accepted only at Redfield Campus.
The Continuing Education Building on the University of Nevada, Reno Main Campus
Select professional development courses are held in the Continuing Education Building at 1041 N. Virginia St. on the University’s main campus. The offices for 365 Learning programs including Summer Session, Wintermester and Online Learning are on the second floor of the Continuing Education Building.
Certificates of Completion
Individual certificates are awarded at the conclusion of each course, or at the successful completion of the specific requirements for each professional development program of study. Full attendance is required.