Customized Training Solutions
Top-performing companies recognize employee development leads to measurable bottom-line results.
Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno can deliver courses and programs at your site or ours — designed with your budget, your goals and your business in mind.
We can modify almost any professional development course or program we offer and deliver it at the site of your choice. If there’s something you, your company or your organization requires that’s not offered on this website, call us. We’ll create a customized program tailored to your training and scheduling needs.
Exceptional instructors and up-to-the-minute curriculum offer the fresh perspectives, competitive tools and best practices that can enrich and improve even the finest employees, operations and bottom lines. We’ll work with you and your management team to match staff development and training goals with your company’s business objectives. We can help you develop skilled and motivated employees at all levels of your organization.
Extended Studies can assist your organization in designing and implementing a needs assessment to determine the training your staff requires to achieve and maintain success.
A needs assessment will enable your company to:
- Target training and development to meet employee needs
- Determine the level of training required to strengthen existing skills and acquire new ones
- Develop a training and action plan that meets your company’s goals and objectives— whether it’s for one course or an entire certificate program
For more about partnering with Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno to meet your professional development needs, call (775) 784-4046 and ask for:
- Jodi Herzik, MPA, Executive Director, Professional Development Programs
- Shera Alberti-Annunzio, M.Ed., Associate Director, Professional Development and Certificate Programs
- Amy Ginder, M.S., Associate Director, Leadership and Professional Development Programs
- JoAnne Gipson, Operations Manager, Gaming Management Programs
Fresh perspectives. Competitive tools. Best practices.
With our extensive list of course options, you’ll find everything you need to help your employees gain the skills they need. Who will benefit most?
- Your company, its management staff and employees who recognize training and retention are key to bottom-line success
- Your executives and managers, who need to remain on top of trends, regulations and practices across areas of general management
- Key staff members who you want to grow into your next leaders or who are new to leadership positions
- Recently hired employees or graduates who are new to the workplace and need to enhance a degree with applied skills
Companies who partner with Extended Studies get the most for their training dollar. You can too, with:
- A focused and comprehensive educational experience
- Industry-specific information to use right now
- New tools to rethink and re-energize your goals
- Skills to stay on the leading edge of change
- Competitive advantage and up-to-the-minute trends in business and organizational thinking
- Objectives and strategies to manage a staff, a team, a company and your own success
- Professional course delivery and quality service for your organization
Choose from a wide selection of convenient, accessible, affordable courses on up-to-the-minute topics taught by industry experts and University faculty.
Topics to meet industry-specific needs:
- Budgeting and financial management
- Computer skills and graphic design
- Customer recruitment and retention
- Diversity and cultural awareness
- Employee relations, assistance and orientation
- Improving efficiency and decreasing cost
- Interviewing and hiring practices
- Management, leadership, coaching and supervision
- Marketing and communications
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Performance standards, evaluation and review
- Project management
- Public speaking and public relations
- Risk management
- Team building and motivation
Certificate programs and courses can be customized to meet your individual needs.
- Business Software
- Gaming Management
- Human Resources
- Lean Six Sigma
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Project Management
- Public Management
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Supervisory Management
We’ll bring the training to you.
“We have enjoyed the variety of courses that UNR offers. The different professors are experts in their fields and as presenters. This makes for an enjoyable learning experience. UNR has worked with our credit union to make this program personal to our needs. It offers consistency for our future leaders. We find that going to these courses as a group has helped build a better leadership team and ownership of what we have learned together.”
Training Manager/IRA Specialist, Great Basin Federal Credit Union