COVID-19 Health and Safety
Redfield Campus and the Moana Building follow the University of Nevada, Reno’s policies for the pandemic. For more information, visit unr.edu/coronavirus. Should renewed statewide or university closures prevent Extended Studies from holding in person classes on campus this fall, many courses have been planned with an alternative virtual option. Please contact our office by calling (775) 784-4046 or (800) 233-8928 or by emailing ExtendedStudies@unr.edu.
- Face coverings are required while inside the Redfield Campus and at the Moana Building. Face coverings also must be worn while in class.
- Maintain at least six feet of social distancing per person at all times.
- We are suspending catered lunches as a precautionary measure to protect the health and safety of our students and staff. Please plan to provide your own lunch or purchase one at a nearby restaurant. We will provide a list of area restaurants.
- Use cough and sneeze etiquette and practice hand hygiene. Alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the building. Signs have been added to remind employees and students to frequently and rigorously wash their hands.
- Do a health self-assessment prior to coming to class sessions to check if you have any COVID-19 type symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick. If you are unable to attend class due to illness, contact our office by calling (775) 784-4046 or (800) 233-8928 or by emailing ExtendedStudies@unr.edu.
- We perform environmental cleaning of public areas and commonly touched surfaces daily. Cleaning stations will be available in each classroom.