(does not include airfare to/from Australia)
- Tuition for three undergraduate/graduate credits in ENT
- Shared accommodations and some meals in Australia
- Travel Insurance
- In-country transportation for course-related work
- Class field trips, select tours, snorkeling fees and special class event
- Course materials
Participants are responsible for:
- Participants are responsible for transportation to and from Australia, local transportation (not covered by class), passport/visa fees, individual sightseeing, incidental expenses and all meals not listed above.
June 29-July 10, 2020 Australia visit
(Online coursework: June 1-28, 2020)
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Pre-trip orientation meeting will be held TBD.
The group will convene in Melbourne on June 29, 2020. Participants may extend their stays at their own expense. (Airfare is not included in the fee.)
Open only to students traveling to Australia.
About the Experience
Partner with Australian students from the University of Newcastle and learn about innovation and entrepreneurship. Learn to develop entrepreneurial capacities by identifying and developing either a for-profit or nonprofit startup opportunity. Obtain entrepreneurial insight from Australian entrepreneurs and scholars and engage in business visits with Bondi Chai, Ignite Alliance, Crave, eBay and others. Visit the Daintree Rainforest and snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef.
click to expand/collapse Registration and Information
- Deposit and registration through MyNevada
- It is required each student register for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), which is a free service provided by the U.S. Department of State https://step.state.gov/.
- Additional University travel documents are required to be completed prior to departure (no exceptions). Contact Academic Credit Options at ACO@unr.edu. Program pending approval from the University Travel Office.
University credit, included in the fee, may be earned in one of these courses:
- ENT 401/601 New Venture Creation
For registration assistance, please contact ACO.
For course content information, please contact the course instructor.
click to expand/collapse Deposit and Fee Payment Schedule
$500 non-refundable deposit must be paid to obtain permission to register in this program. Deposit is applied toward total program fee of $3,500. If the final payment is not received by May 15, 2020, it will be assumed the participant has withdrawn from the trip (see Drop Policy).
click to expand/collapse Drop and Refund Policy
If you drop the program, for any reason, and a replacement participant cannot be found to take your place, a refund may not be possible. Due to the costs and logistics of travel programs, refunds will consist only of that portion of the payment that is retrievable from the various agencies used in providing the program.
click to expand/collapse Passport Requirements
It is imperative participants acquire valid U.S. passports and any other required travel documents. Passport processing may take 10-12 weeks, so plan accordingly. Depending on the country, you may be required to apply for a visa. The cost of visas can vary widely across countries. Check with the U.S. Department of State. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you should check with the embassy of your home country and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection department to determine if you need to take any action on your passport.
click to expand/collapse Standard Responsibility Clause
The University acts as an agent for the companies and individuals whose services have been engaged in the carrying out of the tour and, in consequence, accepts no responsibility for accidents, damages, baggage losses, delays due to strikes or to faults of any company used for carrying out this tour. Prices are subject to change without notice. The right is reserved to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of the tour at any time prior to departure or in the course of the tour. In the unlikely event that the services or accommodations are not available as stated, due to reasons beyond our control, we will make every effort to provide accommodations of equal standard and quality for your safety and convenience. After the initial nonrefundable deposit, refunds will consist only of that portion of the payment retrievable from the various agents. All fees are required to be paid in full by the Regular Summer Session deadline (May 15, 2020).
- Dates and costs are subject to change depending upon rate increases and currency exchanges.
- A portion of program fees may be used to pay hosting expenses.