University of Nevada, Reno Extended Studies University of Nevada, Reno Extended Studies University of Nevada, Reno Extended Studies


Academic Credit Options

Register through MyNEVADA

EL 791 Special Topics: Nevada School Law and Constitution

This course offers a lively update of federal and legal issues, from censorship to inclusion. Successful completion of this course meets state teacher licensure requirements for Nevada School Law and Nevada Constitution.

One-credit face-to-face class held on University campus in Reno, Fall, Spring and Summer. Prior to registration, students must complete a (hard copy) application for admission, pay the university application fee (credit card form) and submit all required materials and immunizations via fax to Academic Credit Options (775) 784-4801.

NOTE: All students will be designated Non-Resident and charged a non-resident fee in addition to tuition and application fee unless residency status has been granted by submitting a residency application.

Grades for these courses will not be posted to transcripts until the end of the semester regardless of when during the semester the course meets. PLEASE plan accordingly!

  • You must have a bachelor’s degree to enroll in this class. Don’t have a bachelor’s degree? Please see below for more information.
  • You must be a UNR student in order to enroll in this class. (If not a UNR student, please contact ACO for more information.)
  • You MUST submit a copy of official documentation for two (2) doses of measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) within your lifetime and a diphtheria/tetanus (D/T) shot within the last 10 years.  If you were born before 1957, you only need to provide documentation of the D/T shot within the last 10 years.
  • Attendance and active participation are required to receive credit. Students responsible for obtaining their own textbooks. Grades (transcripts) available at end of semester only.
  • Regular University per-credit graduate fees apply. Fees are subject to change by The Board of Regents.
  • For testing info. instead, visit here.

Don’t have a bachelor’s degree to take EL 791?

Here are other options:

  • All provisions can be satisfied through testing, visit here.

  • Nevada Constitution:
    PSC 100 (1 credit) through UNR, Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), Great Basin College (GBC) and College of Southern Nevada (CSN), Nevada State College (NSC) and UNLV
    HIST 217 (3 credits) through UNR and GBC, NSC and UNLV

  • Nevada Constitution/U.S. Constitution:
    PSC 101 (3 credits) [previously PSC 103] through GBC and UNLV
    PSC 103 (3 credits) through UNR and Western Nevada College (WNC)
    HIST 111 (3 credits) through TMCC, CSN and WNC

  • Nevada School Law:
    EDU 210 (3 credits) through UNR, TMCC, GBC, CSN, SNC, UNLV and WNC